What is Nursing Home Care?
A nursing home is for individuals that do not need to be in a hospital but cannot be cared for in their home any longer. Nursing Homes are typically the highest level of care for seniors, second only to Hospitals. Nursing Homes provide a broad range of services for seniors, including:
- a safe and secure environment
- medically trained staff members
- twenty four hour supervised care
- visiting doctors
- therapy services
- medication management
- up to three balanced meals each day
- general housekeeping
- personal laundry services
- daily activities which include physical fitness, creative and social
Some Nursing Homes enable couples to live together. Many Nursing Homes offer specialized services for Seniors with Memory related issues, such as Dementia or Alzheimers.
Costs for Nursing Homes vary widely, depending on accommodations (one or two bedrooms), services offered, and geographic location.
Tags: Nursing Homes